Friday, December 17, 2010

I'm a tumblr



{Photo by rocketlass.}

Inspired by the incomparable D. J. Enright, I started my Twitter account as an on-the-go commonplace book, a place to post the countless memorable passages I encounter in my daily reading that don't make their way into my blog posts.

But I quickly became frustrated by the 140 -character limit on tweets; so many great thoughts simply can't be expressed with that brevity. So after a couple of years of frustration, this week I started a tumblr. My plan with the tumblr is expressed in its title: it's an annex to this blog, a repository for material that is well worth sharing but that doesn't fit into my thrice-weekly posts here. More quotes, less commentary, is the short description.

Though I expect in the future it will represent a true grab bag of my current reading, this week I've decided to draw solely from the various collections of letters found on my bookshelves. That's been fun, so I may spend another week in the same vein, but you should eventually expect the proper sort of unclassifiable, if unquestionably Anglophilic chaos.

In other words: if you like this blog, you can get more of it over there. You can follow the tumblr in your RSS reader, or via the Follow function if you are a tumblr yourself.

Oh, and Mitford fans? Believe it or not, there's a Fuck Yeah the Mitfords tumblr just for you.


1 comment:

  1. I don't know what beverages you took from that ice box in the b/g, but I want to partake! Glad to see you on tumblr!

    ReplyDelete